Job Duties and Tasks for: “Call4Food Preparation Worker”
1) Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
2) Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
3) Prepare a variety of foods according to customers’ orders or supervisors’ instructions, following approved procedures.
4) Package take-out foods and/or serve food to customers.
5) Portion and wrap the food, or place it directly on plates for service to patrons.
6) Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
7) Inform supervisors when supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly.
8) Weigh or measure ingredients.
9) Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items.
10) Wash, peel and/or cut various foods to prepare for cooking or serving.
11) Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
Stock cupboards and refrigerators, and tend salad bars and buffet meals.
13) Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
14) Prepare and serve a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
15) Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.